May Your Days Be Merry + Bright - Papertrey Ink

It's a sunny morning here and just a perfect day for this kind of post! It also helps that there is a fresh, new layer of snow on our ground, rending me more and more of the season to come! 
I've been itching for some time to get into Christmas crafting, but I'm still oh-so-hung-up on pretty, candy colors. And with a little summery-vibe vacation thrown into the mix recently, I'm crushing on bright colors more than ever! So what's a girl to do, but to make the best of it all! Infusing some color into a set of Christmas cards...

Well, friends, turns out I love color for the holidays and I have a feeling many more cards like these are to come.


To create the first card, I started with a polka dot base patterned paper, and if you look really closely, you will see that some of the dots have teensy snowflakes on them..major win!


For the center of the card, I used a mix of colorful buttons to create a wreath, and stamped a sentiment in the center, using PTI's Rustic Wreath stamps as well as ink colors in Melon Berry and Raspberry Fizz. 


At the top of the card, I added a ribbon, as well as a little felt tag, using PTI's Lemon Tart Felt


Next up, using the same paper, I wanted to create something a little more sparkly.


After layering some contrasting paper along with the polka dotted pattern, I cut a large star using PTI's Seeing Stars dies, and stamped a few twinkly lights using the Sparkle and Shine: Holiday Additions Mini stamp. 


I then added a felt star, cut out of Harvest Gold felt, layered with sparkly candy canes and miniature jingle bells. 


I outlined the star with a Copic marker, and added some tinsel trim and a sentiment from the same PTI stamp, to finish off the card.

I'm so looking forward to more holiday projects, and I'll be sharing them with you all soon!

Ivana

10 comments

  1. Oh goodness Ivana these cards are beautiful!~
    Love your non-traditional color choices; so fresh
    and pretty. The details on the star, and tag are amazing~
    Anyone will be thrilled to receive these.
    Blessings & hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Karen! I'm hoping to transition into full Christmas colors by December, but for now, I'll stick with the cheery and fun! Hope you are doing well my dear. Sending hugs and blessings :)

      Delete
  2. gorgeous cards! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Ivana these are soooo sweet! I love that you've decided to use "nonX-mas"colors for your amazing creations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Aneta! It's always fun to mix it up! I hope you are doing well sweetie!! xo

      Delete
  4. These are simply beautiful. I love the lovely layering with the felt and that adorable little candy cane!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nora! Those candy canes are my absolute faves! I picked them up at a Hobby Lobby as miniature decorations, but they work just as well for cardmaking :) Sending hugs and wishing you a wonderful winter, Nora!

      Delete
  5. I like your pretty little button wreath! Your second card is delightful with those little jingle bells and candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for visiting, Lisa! I hope you are dong well! Sending hugs! xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!